Last time I went to Bristol Farms (a market by my house), I ended up buying basically every frozen vegetable that they had. I figured I would eventually get to using them, but they have all been sitting in my freezer, useless. So, this week I’m planning on using all of the frozen vegetables that I have, and cooking them while frozen to prove that they can be convenient enough to keep buying.
The acorn squash that I bought were frozen and cut up into cubes, which is awesome since it saved me from having to do all of the dirty work. It was only like 2 bucks for the bag, so it was totally worth it.
Maple Acorn Squash with Pecans
- 1 bag cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tbls melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix and coat the squash with the melted coconut oil
- Toss the squash with the spices to coat.
- Mix with the maple syrup and pecans
- Place the mixture in a small baking dish. Put said baking dish in the oven
- Wait 35-40 minutes, or until all of the squash is soft and remove
- Throw that right on a plate and enjoy!
Mix all of that up! I need to buy some mixing bowls so I can stop using my pots for this :/