Sometimes when you mess up somebody else’s recipe, you get lucky and get a good meal out of it. I found a recipe somewhere else that I wanted to make just because the picture looked amazing, so I started preparing it. In the middle of cooking this I realized I was missing a few ingredients, including arrowroot powder. I tried substituting a bit of almond flour to get some consistency out of the sauce, and everything ended up coming out amazing!
I cooked this in bulk, so I had a few days of leftovers that I was able to bring to work.
Oh and I HIGHLY recommend making some of the Easy Paleo Bread to dip in the sauce!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbls unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup peeled and shredded green apples
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup natural apple juice
- ½ cup liquid aminos
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1.5 tsp almond flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients. Mix well.
- Line a cooking tray with aluminum foil.
- Roll the turkey into 2-3 inch high meatballs, placing each on the foil.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, combine all of the juice ingredients and cook on high until boiling. Continue simmering the sauce and whisk the ingredients together. Let the water boil off to thicken the juice.
- When the meatballs are done, add them to the juice and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or wrap them up for an amazing lunch tomorrow.
They look good in the oven, don’t they.
Make sure you cook the turkey meatballs in the sauce for a few minutes to soak in some of that flavor.
Again…I HIGHLY recommend making some of the Easy Paleo Bread to dip in the sauce!
So good the next day!