- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup finely minced white onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno chile
- 1 beef top sirloin (tenderloin if you have the money) (about 2.5 pounds)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons sliced thinly
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Save about ⅓ cup of the sauce mixture in a small bowl to spoon over finished meal.
- Cut the steaks into pieces that are about 1-1.5 inches thick. Discard any extra fat you encounter.
- Combine the meat and sauce in a resealable plastic bag, seal tightly, and allow it to marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours.
- Thread the meat onto skewers with a folded slice of lemon between each chuck of meat. This will allow the meat to cook more evenly. Let the skewers of meat stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Grill the skewers over direct high heat on your preheated and cleaned grill. Keep the lid closed as much as possible while cooking. Kabobs should be medium rare with approx. 4-6 minutes of cooking. Cook longer if you prefer a different doneness.
- Serve warm and top with the sauce you saved in the first step.
The sides I made in the above photo included:
Links to some products used: