Zesty BBQ Crock Pot Chicken
Recipe type: Slow Cooker
I have been getting back into the slow cooker style of cooking to make my Sunday bulk cooks. It really helps me save some major money during the week to avoid buying $12 lunches everyday. There has been a bag of frozen chicken breasts sitting in my freezer that I got from Trader Joes about a month ago that need to be eaten soon. The frozen chicken breasts just kind of become a daunting meal because I usually don't think about them until I'm hungry, and then I really don't want to wait to defrost them. So to work with my laziness, I found a recipe that I made a few tweaks to that would let me just throw the frozen chicken breasts into the crock pot. The recipe also called for BBQ sauce, so I made my own homemade paleo BBQ sauce.
- 6 frozen chicken breasts (boneless)
- 4 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tbls herbs de provence (you can just mix up stuff like oregano, basil, and parsley instead)
- Drop all of the chicken in the crock pot.
- Pour the BBQ sauce on top of the chicken. Top with the herbs and vinaigrette.
- Set for 4-6 hours on low or 6-8 hours on high.
- You may want to stir everything 1 or 2 times while it is cooking to make sure the sauce covers and soaks into all of the chicken.