I wanted to make corned beef and cabbage for Saint Patrick’s day this week, but I didn’t want to have a super salty meal that doesn’t heat up well at work with my leftovers. So, I took my paleo culinary skills over to my Weber grill!
Turns out this is super easy to make and comes out really delicious. You can make this with any meal, but you might as well do it with some grilled corned beef for the sake of tradition.
- 1 large green cabbage head
- 3 tbls lemon juice
- 2 tbls olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage, rinse the head of cabbage.
- Quart the cabbage, using the stem as a guide to hold the pieces together
- Combine the olive oil and lemon juice. Brush the mixture on the cut side of the cabbage.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the sliced cabbage
- Place the cabbage on a grill, leaf side down, over indirect medium heat
- Cook for about 45 minutes. If the outer leaves burn, they can be pulled off. The inside should be fine